Droga5 NY wants to hire an amazing full-time video editor/animator to join our in-house post production team.
Editor/animators here work directly with creatives to craft web spots, branded content, short films, case studies, pitch films, social posts and integrated video projects. They are challenged to take ownership of the films they create by adding their own artistic inspiration to enhance and cultivate the creative idea.
So we need someone who is super smart, creative, detail oriented, a self-starter, and energetic; possesses the ability to quickly change gears from one task to the next, who has a passion for music and pop culture, and a desire to craft moving images with the latest technology and techniques. Above all, they must have an amicable personality and a never-say-die attitude.
Your reel must portray exemplary pacing and timing, recognition and implementation of good typography and motion graphics design, and aptitude for compelling storytelling across a range of genres.
- Edit content for promo spots, scripted shorts, brand trailers, short-form documentaries, pitch films, agency reels, and case studies.
- Deliver award-winning work and inspire team members through creative ideas and the use of digital film.
- Consistently deliver a number of successful solutions and high quality work to clients on time.
- Learn new skills and stay up to date of technical and digital video developments and successfully apply these to work practices to help improve processes and procedures.
- Participate in late nights and weekend work assignments.
- Collaborate with creative directors, art directors, and writers developing stories for a variety of editorial projects.
- Help bring creative ideas to life in a relevant and engaging way, communicating ideas coherently and enthusiastically.
- Absorb creative direction while bringing unique ideas to the table.
- Record and edit voiceover tracks.
- Maintain edit suites for optimal editing workflow.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Able to work on several deadlines.
- Assist in small shoots which may include camera operation, lighting, and audio recording.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- 2+ years proven experience working as a Video Editor is required.
- Experience working in a creative/agency environment is a plus.
- A degree in Film, Animation, Visual Studies or other moving image-related field preferred.
- Proven creative success working with creative teams and directors.
- Considerable experience executing creative, narrative and mixed format edits to a high standard.
- Extensive experience using editing software: Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Audition, Adobe Media Encoder. (Final Cut Pro, AVID, other compression software is a plus)
- Familiarity with 3D graphics software (Cinema 4D) is a plus.
- Knowledge in sound design and mixing is a plus.
- Idea generation – the ability to consistently contribute new, innovative ideas that are on brand and on brief.
- A good understanding of best practice for pre-production - storyboarding and script development.