As an industry, we use a synchronized approach to creative and media - planning both at the same time, often in different places, inevitably getting to some kind of a stacked output: a media plan that forces creative execution or a creative execution that forces a media plan. But the very best ideas typically come from an integrated approach, where the creative and media come together to create a unified communications idea. At Droga5, we challenge the existing industry model & have always preferred an integrated approach. In order to continue to deliver on that approach, we’d like to hire someone who sits at the agency and is dedicated to the earned media landscape. This person would be a traditional Communications Strategist with a focus on paid social/earned media.
- Ensures the timely development and execution of plans, campaigns, and projects to assure earnings, growth, and Help inform/craft engagement frameworks
- Help craft media partner briefs, playing a key role in the IMC media process
- Provide media thought starters to the creative teams
- Help creative teams develop their ideas by incorporating media strategy & partner recommendations
- Work closely with the creative team, social strategist and community manager to develop earned media strategies
- Develop relationships with key media vendors (Facebook, Twitter, Google, Outbrain, Taboola, etc) to understand their: core offering, targeting, new innovations, pricing, etc
- Plan and buy all paid social efforts
- Work with the data group to track, measure & optimize media programs
- 1-2 years in media planning/buying with a focus on paid social. Ideally this person would be someone who has a media foundation across all channels (knows the current market, ad technology & has good partner relationships) but looking for a more creative role. Experience with Facebook, Twitter and other relevant social ad buying platforms is required.
- Organized - this person will likely work across a lot of brands at the agency and will be meeting with a lot of partners. They’ll need to be buttoned up.
- Strategic - This person will be creating media recommendations that are strategically in line with the brand positioning and engagement framework.
- Creative - This role will work closely with the creative department. They will help spark new ideas and help develop media thinking around existing ideas.
- Entrepreneurial - Because this is a somewhat new role and new offering, we’ll have to figure things out along the way.